The BalkanMed E-Business Pages is a project approved in the framework of the Transnational Cooperation Program of the European Union “Balkan-Mediterranean 2014-2020”, under the priority axes: entrepreneurship, employment and innovations, with the specific objective – competitive territories.
The timeframe for the project implementation is from 01.08.2017 to 31.07.2019 with the approved budget of 717.588,50 EUR from European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Instrument for Pre-Accession (IPA) of the European Union and the national co-financing of participating countries.
The key implementers are the partners of from 5 countries included in the “Balkan–Mediterranean 2014– 2020” program:
- Human Resources Development Agency, Ruse, Bulgaria;
- Hellenic Management Association, Athens, Greece;
- Limassol Chamber of commerce and industry, Limassol, Cyprus;
- GAUSS Institute Foundation for New Technologies, Innovations and Knowledge Transfer, Bitola, Macedonia; and
- Centre for Competitiveness Promotion, Tirana, Albania.
The main objective is improving the competitiveness of export-oriented Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the Balkan-Mediterranean (BalkanMed) region.
Specific goals are:
- Promotion the exchange of business information about SMEs in BalkanMed region;
- Facilitating the cooperation and technology transfers processes of the region; and
- Development of digital tools for improvement of the integration of the local markets.
The indicators are:
- E-business pages web platform providing information on exporting SMEs, associations and clusters in the BalkanMed region;
- Four digital tools for SMEs support: 1) Analysis of SMEs export, existing associations, clusters and opportunities of cooperation; 2) Best practices of technology transfer; 3) Directions for technology transfer processes; 4) Guidelines for clusters.
- Five seminars with representatives of the SMEs, business associations, clusters etc.
The expected results are: 200-250 profiles of SMEs in the e–platform from each partner country (in total 1000 profiles), over 5000 visits to the e-platform, at least 200 users of 4 digital tools developed in the project, 5 SMEs representatives from every participating country will participate on 5 different project workshops (25 SMEs in total per country).
Project activities are constructed in 5 main activities: project management and coordination, information and publicity, creating an electronic database and business e-platform, instruments for increasing competitiveness of local SMEs, and seminars – workshops with representatives of the businesses in each partner country.
All the information and updates regarding the project implementation are placed on: